- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15-oz.) can coconut cream
- 1/4 c. white rum
- 2 c. whipped topping
- 1 1/2 c. sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 c. pineapple wedges, for topping
- 12 maraschino cherries, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl using a hand mixer or whisk, beat together cake mix, water, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, and eggs. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- In another large bowl using a hand mixer or whisk, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, coconut cream, and white rum. Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over cake. Pour condensed milk mixture over cake, making sure to get as much as possible in the poke holes.
- Spread whipped topping all over cake in an even layer. Sprinkle all over with toasted coconut and garnish with pineapple and cherries. Slice into squares and serve.